Thursday, October 15, 2009

Art281



Last Sunday, October 11, was the Art281 Show at My Place Restaurant on Hwy 281. What a day! It was cold and rainy-drizzly  the entire day. And I had an outdoor spot! My husband, Dan, (I put him through the wringer, poor guy!) help me put the tent up in the rain, but I couldn't put my art out. Fortune smiled on us and an indoor spot became available in the old Casey's Dance Hall. So we lugged everything inside.
The SAGAG (San Antonio Glass Art Guild) sponsored the show. I was amazed at all the beautiful and imaginative things these artists create with glass and stone and metal. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The lunches My Place delivered over to us were Dee-Lish-Us!
The entertainment provided from numerous Performing Arts and Dance Academies was also a treat!
I made several new friends and a few commissions, so I considered the day a pleasant success!

No comments:

Post a Comment