Thursday, October 8, 2009

River Art Show and 2 New Oil Studies








We were set up in the La Villita Assembly Hall. This is me at my booth on Saturday.


I rearranged my booth on Sunday so I would have more room to do demo work (my set-up is in the lower right hand corner) and draw people in closer to the artwork.

On both days we finally received our desperately needed rain here in San Antonio, although it did affect the turnout somewhat. Sunday we had more people wandering around to view all the fabulous art and jewelry and sculptures.

Several people inquired about having paintings of their pets commissioned. The kids were the most fun, though. They are always drawn to the dog paintings and like to just stand there and look and look! Some will just start telling me all about their animals or watch me draw or paint and ask questions.

I did finish two new oil studies while I was at the show. They are available to purchase safely and securely through PayPal on my website mariannehinojosa.com for just $48 each. They are 9x12 on canvas panel, and I used conte and pastel to draw and then painted them with oil paints. They are quick, simple, and fun to do!



            "Privacy, Please!"

 9x12" Oil Study on Canvas Panel



      "Clean Up Your Room!"

 9x12" Oil Study on canvas panel













No comments:

Post a Comment